Stop The Thief, Level 4
Last edited by SinSmith
Thu, 20 Mar 2014 08:58 EDT
Thu, 20 Mar 2014 08:58 EDT
Mission type: Encounter
Space type: Normal space
Damage dealt: All types (Th=49.86%, Kn=25.36%, Em=16.85%, Ex=7.93%)
Web/scramble: Frigates (Shadow's Wingman, Mercenary Wingman)
Recommended damage dealing: Therm/Kin
Recommended ship types: Battleship, Command Ship, HAC
Video guide: Navy Raven, Dominix, Maelstrom
Initial Group aggros at warp-in.
Killing the Mercenary Overlord battleship will trigger spawn.
- Normal space mission with no gate (you may select "warp-to" distance prior to visiting the mission area). You warp in near the initial position of the Mercenary Overlord battleship. When you kill it, the next wave with Web/scramble frigs and cruisers will spawn right on you.
- The six Shadow's Grunt cruisers deal a high amount of EM damage. Shadow grunt
- Spawn may aggro drones.
- Possible safe tactic: Warp in, align, kill Overlord, instantly warp out before scrambles lock on, then warp back at 50-100km, make sure you're outside of cruiser's range. Then aggro and use mwd to separate frigs. Count on webbing if frigs come too close! After this keep aligning of course.
- Alternatively: Select "warp-to" distance between 50-100 km, kill all the inital ships except the Overlord. Kill the overlords and then pick off the spawn as they approach.
Initial Group:Center (23km)
1x Battleship (Mercenary Overlord - Trigger) Scourge Heavy Missile
6x Frigates (Mercenary Wingman) Web/Scramble
4x Cruisers (Mercenary Lieutenant) Bloodclaw Light Missile
Spawn: (20-25km)4x Frigates (Shadow's Wingman - Mercenary Wingman) Web/Scramble
6x Cruisers (Shadow's Grunt - Mercenary Commander) Scourge Heavy Missile
2x Battleships (Shadow's Goon - Mercenary Overlord) Scourge Heavy Missile
1x Battleship (Shadow - Mercenary Overlord) Scourge Heavy Missile
- You can now warp in at any distance (not deadspace).
- For Spawn : To reduce incoming DPS, eliminate the Mercenary Commanders first. Watch out for any scrambling frigates and shift your primary target accordingly.
- Mission is flagged completed after you have eliminated Shadow. Don't forget to loot (or buy from market) the 1x Report dropped (needed to complete the mission).
- Sniper- warp to mission at 70km, main BS will be within 40km and reinforcement group over 100km out. This prevents spawn groups from appearing next to you, respawn group will be 40km away as well making aggro and ships manageable.
- Eliminate the Mercenary Overlord battleship to trigger the spawn. Watch out for any incoming Mercenary Wingman frigates that web/scramble.
- Eliminate Shadow. Loot (or buy from market) the 1x Report dropped and warp out.
- Note : The Report is not a specific item. This mission can be closed using any Report sold by NPC corps on the market.
Mining32 Roids = 279,059 Veldspar
|Shield Resistances (%)||Armor Resistances (%)||DPS (hp/s)|
|4x Mercenary Overlord||3,500m||400m/s||3975||3500||-||60||40||20||60||-||25||35||-||-||42||96|
|10x Mercenary Wingman||8,500m||900m/s||325||325||15||50||45||30||70||10||25||25||10||11||4||-|
|4x Mercenary Lieutenant||2,000m||350m/s||1500||1050||33||65||40||55||60||10||25||25||-||-||21||25|
|6x Mercenary Commander||15,000m||400m/s||1200||1800||-||60||40||20||50||10||25||35||22||-||7||28|
|24 total ships||Averages/Totals:||32,350||32,250||7.5||59.9||40.5||27.5||57.7||5.7||25||32.7||228||114||333||647|
VideoThe video in the following link shows you where everyone will show up, and their range. This guide also only shows one of many ways to take out the bad guys.